Do I really need a proofreader?
Proofreading is a required step for all traditionally published books, and it’s something for all self-published authors to consider. You don’t want to open your published book to find silly typos that a proofreader could’ve easily caught. Working with an experienced editor grants a polished manuscript—and peace of mind.
What do proofreading services include?
Your proofreader will focus on these elements when reviewing your manuscript:
A professional proofreader brings a fresh set of eyes to your work and scours for absolute errors such as:
- Bad word breaks and hyphenation at the end of a line.
- Hyphen stacks (many words hyphenated at the ends of lines, stacked).
- Widows and orphans (single words or lines at the top or bottom of a page).
- Wrong captions with photos.
- Incorrect or missing page numbering, headers, and footer.
At $3 per page, proofreading will save you time and money in the long run.