BookShop is your one-stop-shop to sell self-published eBooks and printed books straight to readers. With BookShop, you can earn more profits, get paid faster, grow your audience, and maintain total control of your page content. And best of all: it's free to all BookBaby distributed authors.
When you sell your eBook with BookShop:
- Readers can enjoy your eBook in multiple formats (ePub, mobi, and PDF).
- Set your own price and earn 85% of your retail sales.
- Readers can choose where to purchase your eBook—through BookBaby, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other popular retailers.
When you sell your printed book with BookShop:
- You can make up to 3X as much on retail sales in comparison to other online retail outlets.
- Set your own price and earn 50% of your retail sales.
- You get paid faster. We’ll deposit your money within one week of purchase.
- Your book is guaranteed to always be in stock.
- Your book is up for sale quickly - usually within 10 days of your finalized book production order.
Check out all you’ll get on your BookShop page:
- Collect buyer email addresses to build your reader database.
- See where your book is being sold with sales maps to pinpoint your marketing plan.
- Promote your book with our link generator to easily share your book online.
- Create custom coupons and discounts to sell more books and track sales.
- Use our “See Inside” preview to give readers a taste of your book.
- Customize your book overview and description to help readers understand your book’s subject matter.
- Write your own bio to help readers understand more about your author journey.
- Link to your other titles and main website to support your author platform.
- Add author-approved book reviews to boost your book’s buzz.
- Advertise on Facebook and Instagram to direct buyers to your BookShop page with BookBaby’s Author Ads Program.
How much more can you make selling your printed book on BookShop? See for yourself:
|Your Selling Price
||BookBaby BookShop POD
Reach more potential readers with the exclusive BookShop Promotion Bundle
A $399 value only available with the Deluxe Self-Publishing Package. Our bundle puts your book front and center:
- As a New Release on the front page of the BookShop Store for one week.
- In a BookShop Discovery email sent to thousands of book buyers browsing for new titles.
- On the popular BookShop Facebook feed with a direct link to your sales page.
What else can you do with BookShop?
- Six new layout themes that include center or left alignment and light, dark, or neutral backgrounds.
- A giant display of your book cover, instantly communicating your book’s themes.
- All of your metadata under one roof, including your ISBN, genre, publish date, and more.
- Fast and easy customization and editing. Make changes as quickly or as often as you need.
- Mobile-friendly compatibility: Readers can enjoy your page on smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices.
- Link your website to your BookShop page for quick & easy credit card and PayPal sales.
Watch the video below to learn more about how you can open up shop with BookShop, take control of your book sales, and make more money selling directly to your readers.
Check out some of our authors’ BookShop pages!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I set up my BookShop page?
BookShop is a great tool to use as it will allow you to have another outlet to sell your book, with an added bonus of getting more in royalties (50% for Print and 85% for eBook).
To set up your BookShop page, please follow these steps:
- Login to your BookBaby account
- Click on BookShop Pages under the BookShop Manager on the left hand side of your screen
- If you see a red X next to your listing, click and drag until it becomes a green check mark
- Click on green edit button
- Edit desired section.
- Scroll to the top and click Publish Changes
How do my readers buy my book?
When you create your BookShop, your page has a “buy button” where your readers can purchase the eBook or POD print book directly. If you want to give readers the choice of where to purchase your book, it’s important that you provide links to your preferred Book retailer sites (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple Books, Kobo, etc.) — so your fans can click those links to purchase your book.
How do I create BookShop coupons?
BookShop Coupons are a wonderful promotional tool you can use to offer discounts to friends/family/whoever you want when they purchase your title through the BookBaby BookShop.
To get started, please follow these steps:
- Login to your BookBaby account
- Click on BookShop Coupons under the BookShop Manager
- Click on Add Coupon next to the book title
- Enter a description for coupon
- Enter code or generate code
- Determine if you want to do a dollar amount off or a percentage off the book. Please keep in mind that our coupons cannot be applied to shipping or tax
- Enter coupon usage (Optional)
- Enter Start Date and Expiration Date for coupon
- Click on Create Coupon Button
BookShop. It’s free. It’s awesome. It’s yours.
This isn’t just another bookstore. It’s the place to sell your book. Your BookShop page expands your book promotion and puts the control in your hands. Get your free BookBaby BookShop page started today!
Set up shop