Interior Book Design (Manuscript Formatting)
Professionally formatted text is an important part of book design. A clear hierarchy and readable typeface help create a layout that is inviting to your reader. Every section you include in your manuscript (foreword, dedication, chapters, etc.) will be custom formatted to create a polished book. We will send a PDF proof for approval before printing. We offer both eBook manuscript formatting and Print manuscript formatting (Black Text or Color Text Design).
Black Text Design includes:
- Customized layout that meets industry standards and provides the ultimate reading experience for your book audience.
- Ideal for Novels and other general fiction, Biographies and Poetry books
- Black text printing only. If images are included they will be printed in grayscale.
Color Text Design includes:
- Combination of text, graphics and color photos for the greatest visual impact.
- Best suited for Art & Photography books, Cookbooks and Children’s books.
- Text and Images will be printed in full color.
After you've selected the design options that are right for you and saved your quote, you will be asked to complete a short design questionnaire. It will give you the opportunity to share your ideas about the mood of your book or the style of the inside pages. You will also have the opportunity to upload images of your own for us to work with. BookBaby designers will combine your input with their expertise to create a custom designed book that you'll be proud to show off.
IMPORTANT: Interior book design and formatting does not include editorial services and is strictly a design service. BookBaby does offer stand alone editing services. You should upload your fully-edited and final text. Non-design related text edits after uploading will incur additional cost.