Microsoft Word for Mac
(For this instruction, we are using Microsoft Word 2008 for Mac.)
1. From the top menu, select File, then scroll down to Save As. This will launch the Save As window.
2. Within the Save As Window, enter or review your file name and location.
3. Click the Format tab, and select PDF from the sub-menu.
4. Then, click the Save button.
5. Once you have saved your PDF, we recommend that you open it and check your pages for accuracy prior to upload.
The Mac version of Microsoft Word 2008 and above will automatically embed your fonts, ensuring that the end user can view the font just as the author has intended, without font substitution. We do not recommend using versions earlier than Word 2008 for Mac, as they do not support font embedding, resulting in font substitutions on your final product.