1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. SPONSOR: BookBaby ("BookBaby"). "Sponsor and its agents" shall mean BookBaby; its advertising/promotional and/or fulfillment agencies; and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries; and their respective employees, officers, directors, and agents. Sweepstakes Administrator shall mean BookBaby.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees of BookBaby (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors and advertising and promotion agencies, and such employees’ immediate family and household members, are not eligible. Void in Quebec, U.S. territories and where prohibited by law.
4. HOW TO ENTER: This Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. (Eastern Time ["ET"] on November 15, 2023, and ends at 11:59 p.m. (ET) on November 22, 2023 ("Sweepstakes Period"). You may enter the Sweepstakes in one way: (1) Online Entry: go to BookBaby.com, fill out the online entry form, and submit it in accordance with the on-screen directions during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. By entering, Entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. Illegible and/or incomplete entries and entries submitted by Entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries; for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind; for lost or unavailable network connections; or for failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or any human error that may occur in the receipt or processing of the entries. Proof of entering information at website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Sweepstakes without prior notification. Use of computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic, automatic, and other similar means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and may result in the disqualification of the Entrant. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered on the date the entry is submitted.
5. POTENTIAL WINNERS SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Seven (7) “Potential Winners” will be selected in a random drawing each day starting on or about November 15, 2023 by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The Potential Winner(s) will be notified by email and/or telephone using the contact information provided at the time of entry ("Prize Notification") and must respond to the Prize Notification within 72 hours, three (3) calendar days from the first notification attempt ("Deadline"). Such response shall include providing and/or confirming his/her full name and a mailing address ("Mailing Information"). The mailing address must include a street address (no P.O. Boxes). If a Potential Winner does not provide the Mailing Information in response to the Prize Notification by the Deadline, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received for the original drawing. Sponsor will attempt to award the prize to alternate winners, until a winner is named. Sponsor shall repeat the winner selection and notification procedures set forth in this Section, until a qualified Winner has been selected. If the potential winner is a Canadian resident (with the exception of Quebec, residents of which are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes), he/she will be required to answer unaided a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question by telephone before the prize can be claimed. In the event that such potential winner is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question, Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner and randomly select another potential winner, and Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in connection therewith.
6. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Selection and specifics of the Prize will be determined at the Sponsor's sole discretion. All prizes are subject to availability. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right at its sole discretion to substitute cash value or another prize it believes is of equal or greater value. Prize is nontransferable. Each entry will have an equal chance of winning. The Prize is awarded "AS IS" and without WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
7. TAXES AND COSTS RELATED TO THE PRIZES: All applicable taxes, including all federal, state, local, and other taxes, and any license and destination charges are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner is advised to seek counsel regarding tax liabilities associated with the Prize. All expenses and incidentals not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the responsibility of Winner, including but not limited to purchases, meals, beverages, airport transport, service fees, medical services, personal expenses, telephone calls, immigration fees, insurance, taxes, gratuities, and other costs.
9. INTERNET: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds who tampers with the entry process, operation of the Sweepstakes or website; and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes without notice; and to select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation or termination. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure problems; or technical malfunctions of any computer online systems, servers, or providers; computer equipment; software; failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of human error, technical problems, or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of the BookBaby.com website; any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to any Entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes.
10. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE Sweepstakes MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. MARKETING: Entrant agrees to have their full Sweepstakes registration information shared with BookBaby for marketing purposes, which shall include, but not be limited to, newsletters, special offers, and brand communications.
BookBaby Copy or Line Editing Services [$1,000 value]
Return to Sweepstakes
Note: Winners will be responsible for all costs over $1,000 this includes, but is not limited to: taxes, shipping, additional services, etc.